Webster

The Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions." --American Statesman Daniel Webster (1782-1852)


Thursday, September 30, 2021

Whats going on and why I haven't been posting.

    I have been very busy, the overtime spigot is open at work 


   And What little time I have when I get home, I have been working on my "Precious", A.K.A the Workbench, or my mobile phone charger that happens to look like an F150.


 

      Well a few weeks ago My son was using my truck because it gets better gas mileage than his truck while he was saving money to get a economical car (He since bought a 2013 Ford Focus and paid cash for the car and is very happy with it, but I digress.  He was using my truck and the "Check Engine" light came on and was flashing, and the truck was running rough.  I told him to park it and he did.  I did some digging and pulled some codes and the truck was misfiring.  Basically time for spark plugs and wires.  So I started that process..


 Set up the table. and started removing the cold air intake system to better give me access to the block


  I already pulled the first boot, it was easy, but I I had to wait a couple of weeks to get my "Spark Plug wire pliers" from the Mac truck.  I have had spark plug wires come apart on me before so I waited for the proper tools so I wouldn't tear the boot trying to get them off the spark plugs.


    It got filthy by the grease in the engine...

  the cleaner hand,the other one was black, LOL

The First Spark Plug......It is nasty....no wonder the truck was misfiring.   I since removed the ones on one side only......So far.  I had shot a bit of "Kroil" into the cylinder after removing the spark plug wire, I wanted to make sure that the spark plug came out also and not sheer off inside the block....that would really suck.

       This is what has my occupied right now, so blogging is suffering.  my birthday is coming up and I have to get the truck running and pass emissions that is the priority......and of course the damm mosquitoes......Grrr.

     I will post as soon as I am able.




4 comments:

  1. Working on rides is important stuff. That is one nasty looking plug. Kind of looks like some water is getting into that equation. Is it using any water or burping any out while running?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Paul;

      Yeah it is nasty, but I am unaware of any water getting into the combustion chamber(I hope).

      Delete
  2. At least you're not having to do that every 30000 miles like we used to... sigh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Old NFO;

      I remember those days, that is where I had the boots come apart on my because I was working on older vehicles.

      Delete

I had to change the comment format on this blog due to spammers, I will open it back up again in a bit.