I have been doing improvements to the house while I was on furlough, We have a pocket door on our ground floor bathroom and I was never happy with it. The hacks that installed it were very sloppy with the installation and for 22 years I just looked past it, until one day I finally decided to fix it. Here are the before and after shots.
Bottom of Door
See the Gaps around the door and the Frame?
What it looked like recessed
See how battered the door casing looked?
So I proceeded to pull out the...
And started filling in the gaps, and also took the striker plate off and the latch assembly, and totally filled in the opening in the casing because when the hacks installed the door, they installed the striker off center and misinstalled the latch so you could never lock the pocket door.
I proceeded to use my tablesaw to measure out and cut new pieces of trim then start to fit them.
I continued laying trim. As you can tell, the bathroom wall has been painted, that is another blogpost;)
Continuing running Trim
The Trim installed. I let it dry for a week before I sealed it then primed it and painted it,
Sealed and painted, I also had replaced the latch assembly with a new brushed aluminum latch after repairing the door from where the hacks had mis screwed and mis drilled the original latch 22+ years ago. I also replaced the striker plate on the casing
The Casing has been repaired and painted and the door tracks much better.