Webster

The Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions." --American Statesman Daniel Webster (1782-1852)


Monday, May 7, 2018

  I just returned from NRAAM, I will make a post about my experience in a day or 3, 
   
    I remembered this song hitting the chart in the early 1980's and I thought it was a pretty neat song, it didn't go as high as I thought it would.  I still liked it though, it is on my regular rotation of songs on my MP3 player on my phone or on the player in my motorcycle.

"Ah! Leah!" is a song by American rock musician Donnie Iris from his 1980 album Back on the Streets. The song was released as a single in late 1980 and reached number 29 on the US Billboard Hot 100, 22 on the Cash Box Top 100, and 19 on the US Billboard Top Tracks chart. The song is widely considered to be Iris' signature song[1] and was most popular in Canada, where it became a Top 10 hit.[2]
A full complement of eight musicians appeared in the early live performances of the song, including lead singer Iris, a drummer, three guitar players, one keyboardist and at least two backing vocalists, one female and one male.
The title of the song has been referenced in the form of puns on a few of Iris's later albums—the 2009 live album Ah! Live!and the 2010 Christmas album Ah! Leluiah!.


3 comments:

  1. One of our local Western PA boys making it big. Before he went solo he was in a band called the Jaggerz of "The Rapper" fame. The band was named after thorny brambles. These are what we colloquially call jagger bushes.......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Bob;

      It was a unique song and I heard it on my satilite radio and remembered the song. I got it loaded on my devices.

      Delete
  2. Sigh... Another one I don't remember...

    ReplyDelete

I had to change the comment format on this blog due to spammers, I will open it back up again in a bit.