Webster

The Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions." --American Statesman Daniel Webster (1782-1852)


Monday, May 28, 2018

Memorial Day 2018

I have preempted my "Monday Music" for Memorial Day.  To me it just didn't feel right, "Monday Music will be tomorrow.

 

     I had seen on The GodFather's post about Memorial Day being for those that got that blank check cashed.  Now that phrase came about from the one that said "Veterans, those people that gave Uncle Sam a blank check that could have any thing written in it including Life".  Well those we honor on Memorial Day Uncle Sam wrote "Life" on the payment line. 
     I and many like me are Veterans, we gave Uncle Sam that same check, but in our case, he didn't write life on the payment line.  We as Veterans know people that never made it back home, they are "Forever Young" as I occasionally call it, they will never grow old and I and many like me will meet our friends at Fiddlers Green or Valhalla.
     We Honor them on this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I had to change the comment format on this blog due to spammers, I will open it back up again in a bit.