Webster

The Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions." --American Statesman Daniel Webster (1782-1852)


Tuesday, August 30, 2011

9-11 rememberance

I am watching the NATGEO 9-11 interview with President Bush.  Listening to him talking about 9-11 and the people that would never forget that day.  I remembered what I was doing on that day.  I  was asleep since I was working the evening shift at Ford Motor Company  building cars and we were on overtime so I had gotten home late and was asleep.  I remember getting a call from my wife after the first plane hit the tower. I turned the TV on just in time to see the second plane hit the tower.  I was in shock and I knew that we were at war.  I had told people for years that the terrorist would strike here because we are considered the "great satan" by the squirrels of islam.    After watching the news , I had to go to work and sign in, Ford was shut down, but if I wanted to get paid, I still had to sign in.  As I was driving in, there was absolutely no planes in the air, the plant was right off I-75 next to the airport.  I was used to seeing and hearing airplanes all the time coming in for landing.  But there was absolutely nothing in the air, and it was a bright blue sky.  It was surreal.
      When I see the pictures or see the footage, it still hurts for the sheer loss of life and the shock.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I had to change the comment format on this blog due to spammers, I will open it back up again in a bit.