Webster

The Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions." --American Statesman Daniel Webster (1782-1852)


Monday, August 15, 2011

monday music

Now I have some monday music,   I was reading a post on the Berlin wall and that got me thinking about that time.  So I will add some monday music that deals with that time frame

99 luft balloons by Nina, this is the english version,  From what I remember back then, the lead singer didn't know english very well, so she read the translated version of the sing for the video.  I have heard a hybrid version where the lyrics would switch back and forth from German to English.
     The Germans being on the front line of the cold war were always afraid that a war would start,  WWII and its aftermaths had scarred the German psyche, they were almost pacifistic in nature.  I saw a lot of cars over there with the "dove" peace sticker on it.
  
     Now I will add the German Version.


2 comments:

  1. I saw your comment on Bayou Renaissance Man this morning and came by to see you. The music was right on, and I liked the Ron Paul post. I have Bookmarked you and shall return.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you,

    I keep on telling myself that I will upload a bunch of pics that I have from my service days while I was in Germany. I enjoyed my time in Germany, learned the language and the people and if things had been a bit different, I would have stayed.

    I appreciate the kind note

    Respectfully

    "MrG"

    ReplyDelete

I had to change the comment format on this blog due to spammers, I will open it back up again in a bit.