Webster

The Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions." --American Statesman Daniel Webster (1782-1852)


Monday, January 18, 2021

Monday Music "You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet" By BTO

 This is the one that should have posted last week, but I was sick with the 'rona and it flat out didn't happen. My apologies to my readers that had gotten used that staple.

 Man the meme is still rolling along.....

I am continuing my string of "bugaloo" songs.  This discussion was started in the "Monster Hunter Nation, Hunters Unite", back in November of 2019? it is a Facebook group with enthusiast of the ILOH "International Lord of Hate" A.K.A Larry Correia.  We were talking about what song would we use if we looked out of our window or glanced at our security camera and saw this.....

One of the alphabet bois lining up to take down your house...What would be your "Valhalla" song and you would set it up to play as you load up magazines set up the Tannerite Rover and prepare yourself.

 I figured it would scar the alphabet boys if they come busting in and hearing a song about people standing for their beliefs and willing to fight for them no matter the cost, Good Music  unlike that crap they listen to now.  What can I say, My humor is warped....just a bit. Next week will be "Go Insane by Linsey Buckingham,  Now that should really cause some psych evals., hehehe, some poor ATF guy trying to explain the attraction to his mother because he is imaging himself as The savior of the American Way"  instead of the initials of a convenience store....But hey it is ATF...and they ain't right.

I know that this is an old song from the 1970's, but I don't recall hearing the song until 1991 when I had mustered out of the Army and the local rock station(which is gone now...Atlanta radio sucks..btw, that is why I like my Sirius/XM radio in the truck.)  I heard the song on the way home playing in my  Ford F150 on Sirius on 7  Funny how that works, I heard the song for the first time in my 1991 F150 back in 1991.  I decided to make it as my "Monday Music". 

My 1991 F150 back in 1995

"You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet" is a rock song written by Randy Bachman and first performed by Bachman–Turner Overdrive (BTO) for the album Not Fragile (1974). It was released as a single in 1974 with an instrumental track "Free Wheelin'" as the B-side. It reached the number one position on the Billboard Hot 100 singles chart and the Canadian RPM chart the week of November 9, 1974, as well as earning the band their only major hit single in the United Kingdom, peaking at #2 on the UK Singles Chart, although the follow-up single, "Roll on Down the Highway", was also a minor UK hit.

Not Fragile is the third album by Canadian rock band Bachman–Turner Overdrive (BTO), released in 1974 (see 1974 in music). It proved to be the group's most popular album (not counting compilations), and is the only BTO album to have reached #1 on the US Pop Album charts
     But when winding up production for the album, Charlie Fach of Mercury Records said the eight tracks they had lacked the "magic" that would make a hit single. Some band members asked Randy, "what about the work track?" Randy reluctantly mentioned that he had this ninth song, but didn't intend to use it on a record. He said, "We have this one song, but it's a joke. I'm laughing at the end. I sang it on the first take. It's sharp, it's flat, I'm stuttering to do this thing for my brother."
Fach asked to hear it, and they played the recording for him. Fach smiled and said "That's the track. It's got a brightness to it. It kind of floats a foot higher than the other songs when you listen to it."
Bachman agreed to rearrange the album sequence so the song could be added, but only if he could re-record the vocals first, without the stutter. Fach agreed, but Bachman says "I tried to sing it normal, but I sounded like Frank Sinatra. It didn't fit." Fach said to leave it as it was, with the stutter.


The lyrics for the song tell of the singer meeting a "devil woman" who gives him love. The chorus of the song includes the song's famous stutter and speaks of her looking at him with big brown eyes and [saying] 'You ain't seen nothin' yet. B-, b-, b-, baby, you just ain't seen na, na, nothin yet. Here's somethin' that you're never gonna forget. B-, b-, b-, baby, you just ain't seen na, na, nothin yet.'

4 comments:

  1. Glad you are feeling better...
    This is one of the songs that can be Very expensive for me...
    If I am driving when it comes on the radio...
    Love me some BTO.

    MSG Grumpy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Msg Gunny,

      Yeah I'm glad I am feeling better and it is good song to drive to, LOL

      Delete
  2. My end of days song would be Jethro Tull's Broadsword.
    I had too many good time in collage to go Berserk to BTO

    Gerry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Gerry;

      Jethro Tull...Man Haven't heard of them in a while. I will check out that song and perhaps I will add it to the rotation as long as the muse keeps flogging..er working, LOL

      Delete

I had to change the comment format on this blog due to spammers, I will open it back up again in a bit.